“Ready, willing AND able”: we hear it all of the time. But what does it mean and how is it relevant to you as a Birmingham Alabama home buyer or seller.
In real estate, the term is mostly used with buyers, but in addition to being ready and willing, Birmingham homes sellers must also be ABLE to sell their house.
The Ideal Birmingham Home Buyer Candidate
As the ideal buyer candidate , you are ready to buy a home in Birmingham now.
You are willing to:
- Make yourself available to view homes
- Recognize the realities of the market
- Be decisive
- Understand that your agent really is there to help as part of your home buying team
But none of that means anything if :
- You, the buyer, are not ABLE to Obtain financing for the home you want
- You currently don’t have the necessary cash for the purchase: earnest money, the home inspection, appraisal and down payment (if applicable).
The Ideal Birmingham Home Seller
As regard to you the seller, you are READY to sell your Birmingham home now and are serious about it.
You must be WILLING to:
- Realize the importance of pricing and the impact that it has on attracting the right NOW buyers
- Recognize the state of the current market and how it affects the process
- Ready the home for showings (clean, de-clutter and stage if possible)
- Make the home available to show even on short notice at sometimes
Sellers Need Money Too
And because no home is perfect and just because you are selling your Birmingham home, it doesn’t mean that you don’t need money.
As the seller, you must be ABLE to:
- Have cash available to make repairs to the home if necessary (often as a result of home inspection)
- Be prepared to bring cash to closing if proceeds fall short
If you are a “ready, willing and able” buyer or seller, please give me a call. If you are simply “ready and willing,” I’ll point you in the right direct so that you’ll soon be “able” to buy a Birmingham home or sell your existing property.
Birmingham-Hoover Metro Area Rental and Real Estate
Whether you’re looking to buy real estate your sell your existing property, call or send me and email today, so we can discuss how I can best serve your Birmingham-Hoover Metro area real estate needs!
Exceptional Service Because You Deserve It!
Charita H. Cadenhead
Birmingham Alabama Realtor®
(205) 321-1200 – Office
(205) 527-1112 – Direct
(800) 496-7431 – Fax
Comments or questions are welcome.
Map of Birmingham Metro Area
[idx-listings city=”BIRMINGHAM” propertytypes=”1613″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” showlargerphotos=”true”]