Jefferson County has gotten pretty clever. I’ll bet many of you didn’t even realize that it’s that time of the year to protest your Annual Property Tax Valuations. You see, if your property taxes didn’t increase, then Jefferson County didn’t mail you an Annual Tax Valuation. Pretty darn slick wouldn’t you say. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t protest your property tax.
If you didn’t receive your Valuation Card in May or June, you can simply got to the Board of Equalization website and enter any of the following information to find out the assessed value of your property.
Times running out though should you decide to protest your valuation. You see the deadline is July 16, 2012, so you don’t have much time to lose. If you need a little help with your protest, let me know.
- Search by Parcel ID for Legal Information
- Search by Plat Number for Parcel Information
- Search by Subdivision Name
- Search by Tax Year / Parcel Address – (SITE ADDRESS)
- Search by Tax Year / Property Owner’s Name